At CiC, we are experts in veins. From varicose veins and spider veins to varicosities and serious vein disease, our specialists have the expertise and skill to diagnose and treat vein disease with state-of-the-art technology and minimally invasive techniques for the very best possible vascular care.
VenaSeal is a revolutionary, minimally invasive treatment to permanently close and seal off varicose veins. Damaged veins have trouble returning blood back to the heart against the force of gravity. This allows blood to pool, causing the veins to bulge, swell and become visible under the skin. Besides their appearance, varicose veins can also cause pain and other symptoms. At CiC we use FDA-approved VenaSeal to destroy varicose veins without heat and, therefore, with little side effects or downtime.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Leg pain
- Aching legs
- Cramping/Restlessness in the legs
- Burning or itching skin
- Leg Swelling
- Skin discoloration
VenaSeal, a safer, more comfortable way to treat varicose veins
Varicose veins are often treated with sclerotherapy or heat-based treatments using radiofrequency energy or lasers. VenaSeal uses a special medical adhesive to permanently close off varicose veins. It is a safe, non-heat-based treatment performed through a single nick in the skin.
What to expect
First, a CiC specialist will assess the overall health of your veins. This is important because varicose veins aren’t always simply a cosmetic problem; they can be a sign of more serious vein disease. If VenaSeal is the right treatment for you, your doctor will insert a catheter through a small cut in your skin and insert the VenaSeal catheter. The catheter is guided using ultrasound imaging, and medical grade adhesive is introduced into the vein, causing it to close and seal. Blood will be rerouted by the body to healthier veins.
Benefits of VenaSeal
There are many reasons to choose VenaSeal over other varicose vein treatments.
- VenaSeal does not use heat. Other catheter-based treatments like laser or radiofrequency ablation destroy varicose veins using heat, which risks nerve and tissue damage.
- No need for tumescent anesthetic. Heat-based treatments also require the use of tumescent anesthetic, which is administered through multiple injections. VenaSeal requires minimal anesthetic only at the entry point.
- No post-treatment pain. VenaSeal is so gentle on the body that patients don’t need post-procedure pain medications because there little to no
- No compression stockings needed. Because of its unique, no-trauma delivery, you don’t need to wear compression stockings after the procedure.
- Go home with a nick and a band-aid. You’ll walk out of the office after your VenaSeal procedure able to resume normal activities with little to no downtime.
Contact our office to learn more.